- President of the American Defense Academy
- Con to the question "Should All Americans Have the Right (Be Entitled) to Health Care?"
“Healthcare in a free society is not a function of Government. The Government needs to get out of the healthcare business and allow the free market to flourish. Healthcare is not a right. Rights are inherently intangible, healthcare is a commodity. When the government starts declaring commodities to be a ‘human right’ they assume redistribution powers that are not afforded to them by constitution.”
“The Issues: Healthcare,” canoviforcongress.com, 2016
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- President, American Defense Academy, Sep. 2013-present
- Republican Candidate, United States House of Representatives, 7th Congressional District of Missouri, 2016
- Subject Matter Expert, ACADEMI, June 2014-present
- Radio Show Host, The Gun Show with Matt Canovi, 1041 KSGF Springfield, Jan. 2009-present
- Founder and President, Canovi and Associates, LLC, 2003-present
- Criminal Intelligence Analyst, Mid States Organized Crime Information Center, Mar. 2005-Aug. 2010
- International Police Task Force, Dyncorp International, Mar. 2001-Dec. 2002
- Police Detective, Ellisville Police Department (Ellisville, MO), Nov 1989-Mar. 2001
- Police Office, Maplewood Police Department (Maplewood MO), Apr. 1985-Nov. 1989
- Marine, United States Marine Corps, 1977-1979
- BS, Criminal Justice, Tarkio University
- Attended University of Missouri at Saint Louis
- Twitter handle: @MattCanovi
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should All Americans Have the Right (Be Entitled) to Health Care?